Tuesday, January 1, 2013

BAJL Day 1: Spoiler Alert! Sleepless In Seattle Review

      
        Last night I sat with my wife and watched Sleepless in Seattle for the first time. Overall, I didn't really like the movie. The best part for me was the relationship between Tom Hanks and his son. I laughed a few times as his son said weird/crazy things.
         I didn't think the movie was very romantic and SPOILER ALERT! When Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks end up together at the end I was dissapointed to say the least. Where was the build-up that was supposed to make the audience feel like they were meant to be together? Did I miss that part? Because to me it looked like Meg Ryan just suddenly began stalking Tom Hanks.                     
          SPOILER ALERT! But when Meg Ryan left Bill Pullman I was totally sad. He actually loved her, while Tom Hanks didn't  even know her. Bill Pullman's character was so likeable that I found myself rooting for them to stay together at the end.
           SPOILER ALER- You know what? Screw it the movie is almost 20 years old, if you haven't seen it yet too bad. At the end of the movie when Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan accidentally meet at the top of the Empire State Building I was pissed. How is this considered one of the best Romantic Comedies ever? The constant homages to An Affair To Remember didn't help either. I mean what kind of sick weirdo lives their life based on some old movie? How is that ok?
            Overall I give the movie a 4 out of 10 just because I got a few laughs from Tom Hanks' son. I wouldn't watch it again and won't recommend it to anyone else. Sorry Sleepless In Seattle super fans but I was not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment