Thursday, January 17, 2013

BAJL Day 17: 5 Movies I Will Be Showing My Son

              I cannot wait for my kid to be old enough to watch movies with me so I can share my favorite childhood films with him. Hopefully he will love them as much as I do.

     1.) Flight of the Navigator- this was probably my favorite movie when I was a child. This movie features terrible 80's acting, a fantastically catchy soundtrack, and Pee-Wee Herman as the voice of an alien. What more can a kid want from a movie?
     2.) The Goonies- I discovered this film later in childhood and it has become probably my favorite movie of all time. I have seen it hundreds of times and have memorized the majority of the dialogue. I have seen it so many times that I now notice bloopers in the film from its poor editing.

     3.) Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure- my dad used to rent this one on a regular basis when my mom would be out at church functions for my sister and I to watch. I love this movie so much. This is Keanu Reeves finest work as an actor. You get to learn history and laugh your butt off at the same time. How awesome is that?

     4.) Pee-Wee's Big Adventure- I don't have this on dvd yet but it is a must see for any kid. This is another one that my dad would watch with my sister and I repeatedly. This is childish humor for dads and sons to share together. "I know you are but what am I?" "And knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting, AND KNITTING!!!"

     5.) Peter Pan- this was my favorite Disney animated movie when I was a kid. I used to dress up like an Indian and dance around the living room. I wanted to be one of the lost boys so badly. I will also be showing the kid Hook because it is also awesome.


     What were your favorite childhood movies? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. We also used to love to watch Alladin! Remember, we would put down towels in the living room to sit on like flying carpets!

    ReplyDelete