Tuesday, January 29, 2013

BAJL Day 29: Sorry George Lucas

Just a funny photo
             Today I am going to blog about a scene from the Star Wars saga that has always bothered me. Below is the scene, it is from the battle on Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back.


             If you didn't catch it Luke says that the AT-AT's armor is too strong for blaster fire. But when they use the tow cable and trip up the AT-AT that is somehow supposed to make the armor invalid? How does that make any sense at all?
             Don't get me wrong I love the Star Wars movies (original trilogy only!), but this is by far the most ridiculous oversight in the films. That is until Lucas changed the force from an energy force that binds all living creatures, to nothing more than a blood disease.
             My apologies for this being such a short blog. Hopefully tomorrow I will have the time to write a longer blog.

2 comments:

  1. I always thought the AT-AT's shields were deactivated after the fall, compromising its armor... I know that an SW table-top RPG had it that the neck was the weak point, but that's always seemed a little strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the dialogue Luke refers to it as armor, not a shield. Maybe by tripping it they expose the neck which is the weak point in the armor?

      Delete