Monday, January 7, 2013

BAJL Day 7: MANscaping: The Joys of Facial Shaving

        I have been using an electric razor to shave my face for over a decade. But recently my razor broke and I was forced to use a traditional disposable razor and I made a startling discovery: the disposable razor gave me a much better shave.
        With my electric razor I was having to shave everyday and even then my face would not feel very smooth after I shaved. But with the disposable razor I get a smoothe, clean shave everytime. I can go days in between shaves which means less shaving irritation on my face (always a good thing).
        I may get a cut or two with the disposable razor, so far nothing to bad, but I feel that the benefits outweigh the downfall. Plus, shaving with the disposable razor has gotten all my facial hair to grow in one direction, which prevents in-grown hairs.
        When I shave it is a three step process:
    1.) Splash hot water on my face ( This helps to open up the pores as well)
    2.) Apply shaving cream ( I use Edge sensitive skin with aloe, it makes my skin soft)
    3.) Shave going with the grain (downwards) , then shave against the grain (upward) for an extra close/smooth shave
       I shave before I take a shower so as a result, I do not use any post shave lotions or creams but that doesn't bother me. Enjoy the feeling of a freshly shaven face, I love it. Leave any tips you may have in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. I am hoping that as I write these blogs I will become a stronger writer but that doesn't seem to be the case. Spelling and grammatical errors abound in my writing along with poorly structured sentences and paragraphs. Good grief!

    ReplyDelete