Monday, January 14, 2013

BAJL Day 16: Nom Nom Nom: My Top 5 Favorite Local Restaurants in the OC

             I love to put delicious food in my head hole. I have made it a small quest of mine to find places locally that I can go to and get delicious food items. All of these locations are found in the Orange County area. So here is my list, in no particular order:
  • Bruxie- located in Old Towne Orange across the street from Chapman University, is a food stand that specializes in waffle sandwiches. There are savory and sweet varieties of sandwiches such as the fried chicken and waffle sandwich as well as a S'mores sandwich. My favorite is the Roasted Mushroom and Goat Cheese sandwich that has Chevre Goat Cheese, Fresh Basil, Arugula, and a Balsamic ReductionI highly recommend this place. Here is their website

    • The Original Pancake House- located in Anaheim, the Original Pancake House is my favorite place for breakfast EVER!!! They have the best bacon I have ever tasted. It is so thick, crispy, and salty. I have had most of the items on the menu and they are all delicious. But what I order the most and I would reccomend is the two egg breakfast but instead of regular pancakes I substitute sourdough flapjacks. I know what you are thinking, Sourdough flapjacks? Trust me, they are so good and are now my favorite kind of pancakes. You can learn more at their website found here
         
  •  Mexi-Casa- is a Mexican restaurant in Anaheim. I found this place thanks to my wife, who found it through her good friends family. This place has delicous Mexican favorites such as tacos, enchiladas, burritos, and taquitos. Plus, everything on the menu is super cheap. My wife and I took my parents to eat there and it cost us less than 25 bucks for all four of us including drinks and tip. It may look crappy on the outside but the food is amazing. I usually get the combo plate that contains a taco and an enchilada with beans and rice. Yum! The restaurant has no website so I will just post the physical address which is 1778 West Lincoln Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92801.

    • The Burnt Truck- is a food truck in Orange County. I first discovered this food truck in Huntington Beach near my work. This truck specializies in sliders and I have tried most of them and they are delicious but one of their sliders stands out above the rest, the Vietnamese Pork slider. Just thinking about those things is making my mouth water. So much tastiness in such a little bite. If you ever try the Burnt Truck, make sure to get the Vietnamese Pork sliders. Below is a photo of the aforementioned slider that I like the best. To learn more and find where the truck will be visit here. 
    • Las Barcas- is a Mexican restaurant in Huntington Beach. I discovered this place after I first moved to HB and it is so yummy. This place is a real locals spot and the wait is usally pretty long, especially on summer nights. I love their burritos so much and I like to get the burritos covered in red sauce and have cheese melted over them. My favorite burrito is the El Grande with beef or pork. Next time you are on your way to the beach, stop by Las Barcas and have some delicious food. Learn more at their website.

     What are your favorite local places to eat? Post any suggestions you may have for places I should try. PS please excuse my poor formating. I am still new at this whole thing.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment