Sunday, January 13, 2013

BAJL Day 13: How Did I Become Such a Disney Dork?

         I have been a fan of Disneyland since I was a kid. My family used to go at least once a year when I was growing up (Mostly near my sister's birthday). As a result I became infatuated with the park. It was a place where my whole family was able to have fun together.
         My love for Disneyland grew along with me as I came to appreciate it as a safe haven. I was and will always be a dork and because of this I got picked on a lot in school. I couldn't leave my house to play without being picked on most days but going to Disneyland was an escape from my problems. It still is the same to this day for me. It is an escape from the stress and cruelty of the real world and the ultimate escape from it. Once you walk through those tunnels and into Main Street, you are taken away to another place, another time. I don't have to worry about bills, my job, or the stresses of my real life. I am free to be what I want to be.
        I can indulge my nerd-dom and experience the Holy Lucas Trinity (Star Tours, Captain Eo, Indiana Jones), or I can annoy everyone by singing all the songs in the Enchanted Tiki Room, or I can eat a ton of junk food and then ride on the teacups (hopefully I don't puke). Disneyland is the place where I can still be a kid. Where I can let my imagination roam free.
         Lastly, I am fascinated by the way things work. I like to know, how does this work? How did they do that? That is why I love Disneyland! Do you love Disneyland too? If so, leave a comment telling why.

3 comments:

  1. I love Disneyland for a lot of the same reasons as you. Mostly I love Disneyland because you feel like a kid again and all your cares just melt away. You get to feel what it feels like to believe in magic again. I can't wait to take my future kids there one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Disney! thanks for posting about Disney! I love to learn from Disney nerds like you! :)
    Speaking of Disney, what are the best times to go to Disneyland? Like would May be a good time and when exactly is the baby due?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby is due april 27th. Early may is a good time to go.

      Delete